Sunday, March 6, 2011

Must Be A Blue Moon Tonight...

It must be a blue moon tonight. I'm updating this thing. Or rather, I'm posting a new post to the blog.

I said I was going to reveal photos of the much-maligned (and always maligned, for that matter) Cobalt. But alas, I'm too lazy. Instead, I'll simply tell you about what I replaced said much-maligned Cobalt with, as well as some other side notes.

The replacement vehicle is the 2008 Subaru Forester with a shade between steel and silver. It has everything I could want in a car: cruise control, sunroof, 6-disc changer, auxilary port for additional audio devices (very nice!), power locks, power windows, enough space in the 'trunk' (is a hatchback a proper trunk, anyway?) for the hockey gear, all-wheel drive (and very timely at that), and more cup holders than one can shake a stick at. The fiancee, however, never skips a moment to remind me that the heated seats aren't hooked up, and that I should call the dealership and get that taken care of. It doesn't help that every time she says her seat is cold, I hear "my feet are cold". I can't be blamed, either, because her feet are always cold. That's literally, of course, and not in the least bit figurative.

The Cobalt, meanwhile, became a $3000 downpayment for the Subaru, after the remainder of that loan was paid off with the compensation money. It was the opposite of when I obtained the Cobalt, since I added $3000 to that loan due to an awful, awful, horrendous trade-in of a real lemon of an Audi. I will never buy an Audi again. If I was to somehow become an owner by way of a gift, I would turn around and sell it as fast as humanly possible. I might even take just a dollar for it.

So that's cars. The fiancee and I have been house-hunting lately. We've been doing so for at least a month, and the whole realtor business, being like the heart of Africa on 19th century British maps, has been slowly revealed to us for what it is - a ridiculous amount of time being reliant on an agent who sometimes doesn't always seem to have his/her clients' best interests at heart. Some of it is misunderstanding. Some of it is miscommunication. And some of it may turn out to be a difference of opinion. Thus, we are still looking. The problem isn't so much availability. It's availability of living space that we are able to move into and then proceed to afford after financing. Some people have remarked to me that we will know the house once we walk into it and suddenly think: "we're home". Sounds much like the idea that a bride-to-be will know her wedding dress the moment she puts it on and has 'that moment'. If you're a woman and have been through that process, then you know what I'm talking about. If not, then consider yourself my ally, because I frankly don't know what kind of feeling I'm waiting for.

Anyway, there's something of a vague deadline rushing up on us, as we may have to go the way of renting for a year if we cannot locate a living space for purchase soon enough. We have at least acknowledge rental as a viable options, given our situation. But we'll see what happens with that.

In the meantime, I work my work, play my play, and rest my rest. I wish I could read my read, but I've been quite streaky lately, going two and half months reading like I can't live any other way, and then spend the two and half months following having nothing to do with reading other than for the daily websites I visit. I get the feeling that consitent reading will come once the new habitation is found and the wedding is over. That's just a heck of a lot of planning going on for reading to get involved.

Anyway, that's that. End of post. Goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, so I can say this: your Realtor most likely does not have your best interests at heart. Sorry brother, I tell it like it is. But I do think y'all will find the house!

    ReplyDelete