Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tunes to Stop Goals (Supposedly)

Following up a hockey post with a hockey post. Like that? I do.

This particular post is more supplementary. A while back, I posted a hockey song list of music I burned onto a CD to play on hockey gamedays. I actually give one such album props for helping me focus before games during a championship-winning season at Bridgeville.

Not saying the current roster is going to do that, but here we go, with a few 'esplanations' along the way.

1) Action - Powerman 5000 : This song has been a staple on my hockey albums. Upbeat, fast, and all about bringing the action.

2) Fuel - Metallica : Look above. And it always follows Action.

3) Indestructible - Disturbed : Again, look above. And yes, this always follows Fuel. After this song, the roster gets shaken up like a Magic 8-Ball.

4) Paralyzer - Finger Eleven

5) Doomsday - Nero : There's something about this dubstep song that gets thoughts of spectacularly stonewalling opposing shooters, especially when a game is on the line. Of course it never really works out that way in real life, but still.

6) Shoot to Thrill - AC/DC : Iron Man has always been my favorite superhero. So if this song works for one man with a suit for kicking butt, why not me?

7) Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO : I don't care if it's overplayed on the radio - very few songs get my feet moving on their own accord than this.

8) What We're All About - Sum 41

9) Fever - Bullet for My Valentine

10) My Best Theory - Jimmy Eat World : Rush out, out from the center / Not like one side is any better
/ Stand up as they've been preaching / My best theory is already in me / (already in me)

11) Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against : I swear I heard this song on the X on the radio before the Penguins took to the ice. Guilty by association, I guess.

12) The Sound (John M. Perkin's Blues) - Switchfoot

13) Guilty By Design - Rev Theory

14) Won't Back Down (Bring You Hell Remix) - Fuel : The title says it all.

15) Fade to Black - Apoptygma Berzerk

16) My Favourite Game - The Cardigans

17) Praise You - Fatboy Slim : Heard the Consol blaring this over the speakers during a Pens game this past year, and it just stuck.

18) Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin ft. Valora

So there you have it. My hockey song list. If some of these seem embarrassing, that's okay. I've had such on the previous renditions. It usually hits me after a few listen-throughs when I go "Ew, dumb choice. Take it off for the next version."

No comments:

Post a Comment