Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Learn How To Make A Kick-Save Meatface!

Summer hockey has started: in other words, sweat-your-arse-off hockey has started. There's nothing the says summer hockey like that suffocating feeling of drowning in your body heat after a game. And then you just keep sweating straight through the next several hours if you don't have the A/C cranked to higher than high. Even after stepping out of the A/C, the sweat keeps sweating. That does nothing but misery for those late games, because I hate going to bed already sweating. My pillow doesn't need that kind of treatment, to say nothing about my poor wife.

I'll stop that topic before it gets uncomfortable for all. In the meantime, we're 1-1. Won a game we should have lost (let up 5 goals in the 3rd after letting up 3 in the first two periods - yikes!), and lost a game that I guess we should have lost (even if the ref did give them a goal just for kicks), just because we didn't get the goals, but the defensive sieve was taken care of, and I was more on top my game. Never played a game where the other team kept congratulating me on my saves. Weird. I like it better when they start cussing up a storm and banging their sticks against the boards. Opponents having tantrums are fun.

On the plus side, my goals against is better after two games than last season! Down from 8.5 to 6.5, which is still hideously and grotesquely awful, but I'll take the little things at this point.

New soundtrack. I decided to stop being OCD about filling out all 80 minutes of available CD space and just put on what I wanted. No more girly music. No more pop sensations. Just the stuff that gets my psyched to play my tuchis off. Here it is:

1) Action - Powerman 5000
2) Fuel - Metallica
3) Indestructible - Disturbed
4) Shoot to Thrill - AC/DC
5) Won't Back Down (Bring You Hell Remix) - Fuel
6) Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin ft. Valora
7) Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
8) Bangarang - Skrillex
9) Doomsday - Nero
10) Fever - Bullet for My Valentine
11) My Best Theory - Jimmy Eat World
12) The Sound (John M. Perkins' Blues) - Switchfoot
13) Guilty By Design - Rev Theory
14) Dead Living - Sugarcult

I've labelled the new soundtrack "Lean Mean Save Machine" with the slogan: learn how to make a kick-save, Meatface!

Inspired by this, of course:

You're welcome, Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment