Monday, August 23, 2010

Eye To Eye

Got some photos for you folks. Just like I promised. The video will have to wait, though. I'm hoping to convince Sweetheart to take some video of my hockey games - 30 second snippets and the such.
Here goes:



Above is one of two book shelves that my father and I built for Sweetheart. It's among the few birthday gifts I got for her, although this one had to wait a few weeks after her birthday, but they're in her room and are being lovingly used, as I hear it. The shelf spaces are 13" high, giving her plenty of space for picture books of most sizes, bar oversized Skippy Jon Jones storytime books.

Above is a cake that Sweetheart and I baked for the Dessert-A-Month event at the library, which can be won via silent auction at Moon Township Public Library's annual Wine and Cheese fundraiser event held each Fall. Not trying to sell the event, but it does raise money via donations for the library, so I'm not going to shut up about it, either. This cake has a story all its own. And the story revolves around the buttercream frosting that was whipped up for it. In a sentence, if you're going to use buttercream in large quantities (anything bigger than a cupcake), then you better have a refrigerator unit nearby; buttercream is what happens when icing hits the slip'n'slide on hot summer days.

This here is a photo from my first game this current session at Bridgeville. I'm the goalie. Laying down on the job, er something like that. The guys in orange buzzing my net are my teammates. I don't have an orange jersey for 2 reasons: 1) goalies are not required to wear the team color, and 2) I don't think I would look as sexy with an orange jersey and white/black/silver pads. And the moment I splurge on orange/black/white pads will be the moment I play for a team with a different color.

Finally:

This is my first horseshoes game ever. Seriously! Almost 30 years without ever playing a game of horseshoes. Sweetheart's uncle was surprised. But I think he was also secretly pleased to have a good reason to demand that a game be played. This was during Sweetheart's birthday party.

So there you have it. Some of this year in photographic form.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you have a hockey video already on your phone? Either that or I have all of them on my camera. Not to worry more videos will follow!

    ReplyDelete